Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Fireworks, Casey Anthony & A Vision

Fourth of July was yesterday and it went by just like any other old day. I made some salsa but nobody seemed to like it but myself (I think because I put peaches in it and my parents think that's weird).


In the evening, I drove to Palmer Park in Skippack to watch fireworks with a few peeps.


But what was more amazing than the fireworks was the sunset sky.



The air must've been real dirty for the sunset to look that gorgeous! I'm guessing that it's from all the fireworks that have been going off over the past few days.

I didn't get any pictures of the actual fireworks *gasp!*, because right when the fireworks started, I had to go potty and I did not bring my camera with me! Unfortunately, there was a long line and the potties were a long walk from where we were so I couldn't go get my camera.

The fireworks didn't last too long but they were of amazing quality. Many of them I had never seen before and were simply jaw-dropping. On top of that, they were actually exploding right above where I was queuing! But though the view was great, I kept getting ash falling into my eyes.

Lesson learnt: always ALWAYS bring camera with you to potty!

Ok moving on from potty...

Today, as you may already know, Casey Anthony was found not guilty in the death of her three year old daughter despite overwhelming public opinion that she did indeed kill her child and tried to cover up her crime. In the hour right after the verdict was given, my Facebook newsfeed came alive with all sorts of status updates of people infuriated by what they deemed an unfair judgement. Some were less pointed in their remarks and acknowledged the fact that American justice had been served.

To be honest, a lot of the comments got me kind of riled up. I mean, were any of us there when the crime was committed? No. Were any of us privy to every single detail of the Anthonys' lives in the days and years leading up to this? No. So it's safe to say that none of us really knows what happened for sure.

Cliche as it may sound, only God knows. Only He sees, understands and has been there. And therefore, only God can truly pass a right judgement.

So what's with all this hate pouring out on the Internet? That a murderer (like I said we don't even know if the lady killed her daughter) was let go scott free?

Do people realise, that even though Casey Anthony is "free", she will never be able to live life the same way again? She will forever be known as "Casey Anthony- the murderer who got let go scott free". Do you think this kind of life is better than one in an orange jumpsuit?

I don't believe in coincidences. Casey Anthony was not struck down by God for a reason- that only He knows. But I really wish that everyone could just put themselves in her shoes for just a second and not pass judgement on her or call out curses on her. I know what it feels like to be judged- whether I was guilty or not... and it is a terrible terrible heavy burden. If all these people really believed in the karma they talked about then perhaps they would think twice about what they said on and off the record.

Actually I didn't mean to put up such a long post today but that was really sitting on my mind so I had to blog about it.

But what I really wanted to blog about is something that happened to me last week that's quite amazing yet scary at the same time.

Last Thursday while I was doing nothing particularly interesting, a thought suddenly came to my mind that I should pray about my future husband. It was kind of random since marriage was about the furthest thing from my mind at that moment, but I prayed anyway. Later that night, when I was about to leave Pastor Mark's house that I had gone to for dinner, Dorie came up to me and told me that she had a vision of me in a wedding dress. She said she didn't know why but it came to her during the day and she wanted to let me know.

When Dorie said that, I was stunned. Tears came to my eyes- from a mixture of emotions. I can't even begin to explain how I felt, but it was something like having goosebumps in my mind.

Almost immediately, certain doubts began to come into my mind.

"Is this God really saying something or am I just imagining a coincidence?"
"I am SO FAR away from being prepared for marriage, this seems impossible."

Not to mention, I still had guilt hanging over my head from something I mentioned in an earlier post. I wasn't sure that I was so close to God anymore.

But I knew what I had to do and that was to pray, so I did. I asked for God to clearly confirm if it was indeed Him speaking to me and if He is really promising me a marriage in my future.

The very next day, Steph wrote on my Facebook wall: "I thought of you today when i read this: "We were given this hope when we were saved. (If we already have something, we dont need to hope for it. But if we look forward to something we dont yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently)" Romans 8:24-25"

When I saw that, I immediately knew in my heart that it was the confirmation that I had asked for.

That night I went home and told my mom who just so happened to be having late night supper in the kitchen (she rarely does that). I asked her to pray for me and it turns out that she'd BEEN praying about it!

Then I called my dad the next morning and it also turns out that he was praying about it just the week before.

God is so great.

I've been wondering- what's the point of Dorie having a vision at all? God had never really spoken to me so directly through another person's vision before. He usually just speaks through Bible verses, conversations, songs and sermons to me.

But I am starting to see why He did that whole vision shindig. He already foresaw all the doubts and fears that I would be having in the upcoming weeks. He already knew that I would be so shaken in my faith that I am even questioning my position in His kingdom as His child. So He chose to speak in such a obvious way so that I cannot deny one thing: He has a plan for me, a plan to prosper and not to harm me. A plan to give me a hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11).

I am so overwhelmed by His grace... That even though I fell so far, He is ready to forgive. I know that doesn't justify my sins. It kills me inside when I fail my Heavenly Father. I feel like my spirit is torn apart. But I won't let the devil tell me it's over till it's over.

Whoever he is, wherever he is, I guess God will bring us together someday. I get a little scared thinking about it sometimes (what if he's boring, what if he smells funny, what if he's a bum?), so I think I will stop thinking about it and just pray about it in confidence that God has my best interests at heart. If my mom's got high expectations, how much higher must God's be!


No comments: